How to File a Patent?
- File a Patent With Us
Patent is a government authority or licence conferring a right or title for a set period, especially the sole right to exclude others from making, using, or selling an invention.
1. First of all a Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA) will be signed between the Senan IP and the Patent Applicant.
2. After NDA, once we received Invention details from the inventors, we typically conduct, although optional, a Patentability search to understand whether the device/process is Patentable at the first place or not.
3. Once the search comes out positive, we prepare the Complete/Provisional Patent Application and file the same at the Indian Patent Office.
4. Once filed, the application gets published after 18 months if we don’t file request for early publication. In case, we file request for early publication, patent application gets published within one month of such request.
5. published, we need to give a request for examination.
6. Once requested, we get a first examination report from the Patent Office, which then needs to be replied to for complying with the prosecution requirements. Once the examiner is convinced about our response, he issues the patent Certificate.
To File a Patent Application we required Details of the invention, drawings, diagrams or sketches explaining working of invention. The drawings and diagrams should be designed so as to explain the working of the invention in better way with clear visual illustrations. They play a very important role in patent application.
For Any Question or Queries Please Contact Us @ firstname.lastname@example.org